Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I have the new Yahoo toolbar. I get repeated warnings that something is trying to change settings. How to stop?

I just downloaded the new toolbar and now I get frequent advisories that some software is trying to change some setting, I think regarding a matter of default. I want it to stop. How do I stop it from recurring?I have the new Yahoo toolbar. I get repeated warnings that something is trying to change settings. How to stop?
Regarding the default home page. I had that too, just tell your antivirus to ';Ignore'; and it'll record as safe. A change of homepage won't harm your computer, so don't worry, it's fine. It's just very annoying, that's all.



If you're using a shared computer with multiple users, it might be just that they have a different homepage from you and it'll give that warning every time someone else has logged on. Again, just ';Ignore'; will help somewhat. In this case it will keep asking though (very annoying since my housemate uses my computer at weekends and every time he logs in just to check email, I get that warning when I come back to my account).



Hope that helps. Good luck!I have the new Yahoo toolbar. I get repeated warnings that something is trying to change settings. How to stop?
Run your antivirus and antispyware software in case you are being attacked; if they find nothing, report it to Yahoo:



http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment