Friday, November 19, 2010

How do I change member麓s settings all at once ? I do not want to change more than 5000 one by one !?

I am talking about the e-mail preferences. My groups are moderated, so no member can be spammed. But I want to be able to reach everyone at least by special notice. How do I change settings ';all at once'; ? I really do not feel like changing more than 5000 member麓s settings manually one by one...How do I change member麓s settings all at once ? I do not want to change more than 5000 one by one !?
I think that you cannot change the all at once. You have to do it one by one. Sorry :((How do I change member麓s settings all at once ? I do not want to change more than 5000 one by one !?
You can't change them all at once. Members should edit their own preferences. If you did edit them the way you want, they probably would change them back as soon as they noticed what you did.
Actually you can, but only one page at a time. A lot of group owners require everyone to get the ';special notices';



You can prevent spamming by just moderating new members, and when you are moderating their first post, change them to group settings. Since it's been a while, you may have to check the members list and delete the bots. Also go through the archives and ban anybody that posted spam. This should take care of the spam problem..
5000 divided by 25 per page is 200 page loads- if this is something you feel the need to do, that's what it'll take. if you have dial up, this will be very time consuming. if e-mail prefs is a requirement of your group, you need to specify that to your members.

No comments:

Post a Comment