Saturday, November 20, 2010

How do I change settings on my group to restrict messages or members?

I started a new group as our old one (I was not moderator) was experiencing lewd emails and the moderator did nothing. I don't want the same people following us to the new Yahoo group. I do not know how to select the settings.



MichaelHow do I change settings on my group to restrict messages or members?
All your settings are under Management. If you want membership to require moderator's approval, in Management, under Group Settings, go into Membership. Select the option for restricted and save changes. If you want messages to be moderated or messages from new members to be moderated, both of these options are under Group Settings, Messages within Postings and archives. In the moderation column, either select moderated or new members, depending which setting you prefer. (Moderated means all members posts require approval, new members means all new people who join from when you change the setting on are moderated until you change their posting setting to unmoderated.)

No comments:

Post a Comment