Friday, November 19, 2010

On XP, how do I change settings so when I return from stand by I do not have to click my user name?

I'm the only user on the computer with only the one user account.On XP, how do I change settings so when I return from stand by I do not have to click my user name?
http://www.theeldergeek.com/unattended_lOn XP, how do I change settings so when I return from stand by I do not have to click my user name?
Click START, then SETTINGS, then CONTROL PANEL.



Click USER ACCOUNTS. Select CHANGE THE WAY USERS LOG ON AND OFF.



- Stuart
1. Click Start and Run

2. Type ';Control Userpasswords2'; and press enter.

3. Uncheck the box for ';Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.';

4. Click Apply and Ok.
try this







Click [Start] [Run] and type

control userpasswords2

Click [OK]

The [User Accounts] Property Sheet displays.

On [Users] tab, clear the [Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer] check box.

Click [Apply].

Enter a user name and password that should be used to logon automatically in the dialog box that appears.

Click [OK].

Go to [Control Panel] [User Accounts] [Change the Way Users Log On and Off].

Uncheck [Use the Welcome Screen] and [Use Fast User Switching]
You can't. Its a security feature that XP has. You can make it so you don't have to type the password, but you will always have to click on your profile to log in

No comments:

Post a Comment